Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another Rainy day.....
Well it is still cloudy. More rain on the way. I am planting today. Daffodils and tulips showing their faces. I have just finished making soap. Gearing up so I am ready for those orders to come in. I made a batch of Protection and Passion yesterday. I am hoping that the alkanet root that I am using turns pink (it is still purple). I guess maybe the name of the name of the soap should be purple passion. I am trying to use different natural ingredients to color the soaps. Maybe when the ph drops a bit while curing it will turn pink. Fingers crossed.
I have been using a tincture of Reishi mushroom to help with my Immune system. I got it from a friend I met while at Sage Mountain. Nancy Scarcello she lives in the Catskills.She is a great gal and wonderful medicine maker. I have a case of the shingles and am building my immune system with the tincture. So far so good. I think it is really helping I am also taking a good vitamin B complex.
I hope everyone is getting outside even if it is in between rain drops to see what plants have made it back from last year. This too me is the most magical time. I totally love seeing the emerging plants. Gives me such incredible energy. Planted the peas already. I just wish it would get warmer. The almanac predicted a cold april and so far it is right on the mark. I long for those warm may days. They are coming!

1 comment:

  1. I too am waiting for the latter part of April and the beginning of May. The little daffodils you gave us last year are not blooming yet but they are up high now! I am excited to see what you will do with us Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete