Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall is here ready or not !

I have been making some wild cherry cough syrup this week. I am making it for a swap I am included in. It is a wonderful idea. I love seeing other peoples products. Especially these woman. Such amazing talent. I am honored to be included. Did I mention I can hardly wait to see the products! It gives me inspiration!
I have been very busy this month putting things in order for the winter. Yeah right! The truth is that I went to Sage mountain to study with Rosemary and Amy and have not gotten back into the groove. You can understand that right?
I had a wonderful time as usual and I was blessed once again to meet some of the most amazing woman in the United States. Rosemary Gladstar provides a loving and supportive atmosphere to learn in. I am hoping that I will stay in touch with them all.
I am thinking of doing a work study to help me pay for the Woman's Herbal Conference next year. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. I so want to see my friends Gale and Melissa give their classes. Yeah ladies for being asked to represent! You will do us all justice!
I learned a new craft when I was there. It is called needle felting. What a nice idea. I am thinking of making little wool fairies that sit in there own flower blossom for my grandbabies. I am waiting for the Wool and Sheep festival held in Rhinebeck sometime mid month. I am so impatient and can hardly wait to start felting!! My hubby just sighs with a beautiful radiant smile as I gather more craft supplies. He is so sweet and I do love him so.
It has been a weird year for my gardening business and am feeling like it is time to slow it down. The economy has been an indicator of this for me. I have not taken on any more clients in the last 2 years. I look forward to this part of my life closing. It has been a wondrous ride and I have learned so much. I am grateful and honor all that I have learned. I do really look forward to new adventures.

A dear friend of mine in undergoing treatment and I am asking everyone to send positive thoughts and healing energy to her. She is a beautiful strong woman and I have known her for a while now. She is a fighter and a profound artist. Hopefully I will be able to help her as she walks this path. I so love her, she has been such a good friend to me. I am going to make some minestrone soup for her today. Hopefully she will like it.

1 comment: