Monday, May 4, 2009

May flowers...

Soon the flowers will be blooming and the sun will be shining. It has been a cooler spring than the past. I really think it is great for the plant starts. I noticed that they are very hardy. The rain helps too. Soon it will be so warm.
I begin summer displays this week. I have a client that insists on flowers for mothers day. Which so far has been okay. I have not lost any plants to frost yet. I am crossing my fingers. It has been a hard year for my clients. Many have restaurants and people have just not been going out to eat. I have been bartering with them the last year or two. But truthfully it is really not working as well as I thought. The restaurants have risen their prices and therefore the meal that was $50 IS NOW $75. My rates have not increased so the deal is not as sweet as it once was.

I have had a busy few weeks and look forward to it slowing down so I can get back to my soap making. I have been asked to make custom soaps for people lately. Which is really kind of neat. I guess people like it! My beautiful husband has been going to PT (physical therapy) and one of the therapists has been asking for a soap for his child. So I will be working on that. It is funny that it comes along the same time as me formulating one for my grandchild to be. My calendula has arrived and I need to make more oil. The flowers look lovely. I ordered it from Jean's Greens they are awesome. I totally love that I get the order so fast usually in 2-3 days!

The baby is to arrive in the beginning of June. Can not wait to see that baby once it blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment